A Look Back at 2017: A Message From Our GA’s
It is with mixed emotions that we at MassMutual Greater Phoenix say goodbye to the year 2017. In fact, the experience reminds us of celebrating college graduation. With hearts full of excitement and anticipation for the future, mixed with great pride of milestones past.
As you may recall, in June of 2017, we announced the coming together of two distinguished firms with longstanding track records of success, MassMutual Southwest-Pacific and MassMutual Phoenix. The goal of the merger was clear from the outset. We wanted to share resources and create a unique, team approach that provides sophisticated wealth management strategies and insurance solutions which help clients achieve a lifetime of financial well-being.
With the merger now in our rearview, we are inspired by the collaborative spirit, shared commitment to the best interest of our clients, and outstanding results we have achieved, like:
Attracting some of the most talented, knowledgeable and caring individuals in the industry to join our team. Each of our 90 advisors and 41 staff members brings a unique and complementary blend of skills and expertise which help us to meet our clients’ financial needs, whatever they may be.
Headquartered in Tempe, we now have offices throughout the Valley in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona and Albuquerque, New Mexico, making it more convenient for us to serve a greater number of clients.
While maintaining our focus on providing exemplary service to our clients, we also continued our great traditions of giving back to the communities in which we live and work:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer: Through individual donations, two bake sales and an ongoing 50/50 raffle, we raised nearly $10,000 for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Our sales manager who herself is a breast cancer survivor was the second largest individual fundraiser for the second year in a row.
- Fresh Start Women’s Foundation: As a sponsor for the Foundation’s first Wine, Women & Shoes event, we helped the organization raise over $100,000. We also sponsored the organization’s Wake, Shake and Mingle event in the spring.
- Save the Family Foundation of Arizona: We conducted a holiday drive which resulted in donations of household goods and toys worth over $1,000.
- Tyrann Mathieu Foundation: In an effort to support the efforts of Cardinals’ safety, Tyrann Mathieu to impact the lives of financially disadvantaged children and youth, we provided sponsorship for the Foundation’s Night of Aces event.
- Chaparral Football Team: To encourage excellence both on and off the field, the firm sponsored the Chaparral High School Football team.
- Phoenix Suns Basketball: We signed an agreement to continue the firm’s support of the Phoenix Suns. Our relationship enables us to support a local treasure, while also helping to further increase the financial security of our community through creative joint programming.
We are confident that the momentum you helped us to build in 2017 will continue to serve our clients well, for years to come. We want to take this opportunity to thank you for helping to make 2017 simply incredible, and let you know that we look forward to achieving great things in 2018.
Victor Goldman Brett Bargery
Co-General Agent Co-General Agent
MassMutual refers to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), Springfield, MA 01111-0001, and its affiliated US insurance companies. Local sales agencies are not subsidiaries of MassMutual or its affiliated companies.